First Call Ventures did not move our furniture. They told me that they personally would be moving our furniture and that they went back and forth from Ohio to Florida several times a week. I told them that I did not have a closing date set for our new home when I called. They said it was not a problem and noted on the estimate that I had not yet set a date. They said that they would just use a random date for their system but to call and they would change it.

They asked me about the house and said they had a “formula” to use based on the square footage and rooms in the house. They then asked me to name all the large furniture in the home which they would add to their formula. That is how they gave us the moving quote.

I called First Call Ventures when we were ready to move out because we had renters at our Ohio home moving in and we did get a date set for closing on our Florida home. They told me they had subcontracted the work and the movers would be there 1/23/2013 first thing in the morning. I called to confirm this date two days before the move. We were already living in Florida but had family at the house to meet them but no one showed up. I called First Call Ventures and they said the movers were on the way and if I had any questions to call Glass City Movers. I called the subcontracted movers, Glass City Movers and they said they had an order but it was cancelled and never rescheduled. I then asked if they would be able to get out to the house to move that day because our renters were moving in 1/25/2013. They said that they could not come out that day but could schedule with me to come out the next day. I scheduled Glass City Movers to come the next day 1/24/2013. The day after we had told our renters the house would be available for them to move in. Our renters had their furniture in another moving truck waiting for us to pack up so they could move in. All of this was told to both First Call Ventures and Glass City Movers and was then used against us.

When Glass City Movers came out they said that they would not do the move for the price quoted and said that they would charge an additional $3510.05. This was over double the estimate. I called First Call Ventures and they said they there was nothing they could do. I then, over the phone, talked to Glass City movers and told them that we had two other estimates that were close to the original estimate and I would call and see if the other companies were available because we could not afford the price gouge. They were rude and bullying my family that were at the house and told me if I hung up the phone they were leaving and not coming back. So Glass City Movers made us sign a new contract with them at the new price.

What did first call Ventures do for us? They took $1323.00 from us with the agreement to move our furniture for $3510.05. They did not move us. They did not get us someone who would move us for the price quoted and they did not have movers even show up when they were scheduled. I tried to work with First Call Ventures and Glass City Movers but it was clear that they did not want to work with me. As soon as First Call Ventures took my $1323.00 they did nothing. When I called the company to complain they refused to talk to me and when I asked for an owner to talk to they said they did not have an owner. I asked who they were held accountable to and they said no one.

I paid directly to Glass City Movers $3,303.83 on 1/28/2013 and another $2,773.54 on 2/11/2013 out of my Chase account. They were rude, through an open bag of grout in a box with our couch cushion, put collectables in a used trash bag, ruined our dining room table, and lost pieces to set up our bedroom furniture. But they did move us unlike First Call Ventures that just took our money in a scam.

After we had difficulties with First Call Ventures I found several complaints on the web that showed similar experiences. This company is scamming people. They said that they would not honor their quote because it was not a contract but refuse to give me back my money because it was a contract??? What does that mean??? No resolution!!

Comments

Again First Call movers told us they were moving us. Inventory was discussed in depth with them.

This was our 4th move out of state. We know to discuss all inventory.

We were just not prepared to work with dishonest people that intentionally were trying to scam us.

As for Glass City Movers I would advise for them to:

Show up when scheduled

Honor agreement they subcontract

Don't bully and shout at customers

Deliver furniture in less than two weeks Close up shop Have integrity Rethink the direction of your life I cannot put into words how difficult, unreliable and poor quality your moving service is.

I AM WITH GLASS CITY MOVERS. WHEN WE ARRIVED AT THE CUSTOMERS HOME THE INVENTORY WAS WAY OFF.

WE TOLD THE CUSTOMER WE WOULD MOVE WHAT WAS ON THE LIST FOR THE PRICE THEY WHERE QUOTED. THEY WANTED EVERYTHING TO BE MOVED. THE PRICE DID CHANGE BASED ON THE ADDITIONAL ITEMS THEY HAD. WE WERE NOT THE ONES WHO BOOKED THIS JOB.

CUSTOMER MADE THE DICISION ON WHAT THEY WANTED TO MOVE. WE EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO THEM PRIOR TO LOADING THE ITEMS.

WE DID NOTHING WRONG ON OUR END.. WE HAVE ALL THE PROOF FROM INVENTORY LIST TO WEIGHT TICKETS.